Due to the COVID-19 Coronavirus alert system being raised to Level 4 the Raglan Arts Weekend will be postponed until further notice.
The Raglan Old School Arts Centre is now closed until further notice which means the RAW Preview Exhibition is also closed.
Raglan Arts Weekend coordinator Nicky Brzeska says a new date for the weekend will be looked at once things are back to normal.
“We are so sad about the postponement of RAW but really in the context of what’s happening, it seems like a tiny piece of the puzzle. It was turning out to be a difficult decision to make whether we go ahead or not, so in some ways, it was easier once the decision was made for us. It’s sad as a lot of energy, time and money has been invested by everyone so far – the artists, the sponsors, the organisers and of course our visitors. We’ll take it day by day and make the appropriate decision in consultation with our artists.”
She added that an Arts Support Package the Government announced yesterday may help financially for local artists.
“I’ve also heard some lovely little stories already from artists who are planning to ‘paint up a storm’ in isolation. We could have some beautiful artworks born out of probably one of the most significant events to happen to some of us in this lifetime,” she says.